Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 9:00 AM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Advertisement:

"The Willow" Canopy bed

by d4RE Posted 18th Nov 2017 at 4:06 AM
40 Thanks Say Thanks
8 Favourited
636 Downloads
Advertisement:
7 Comments / replies (Who?)
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
Not too much to say, really. I wanted a bed with great energy and comfort effects, but that looked like a nice bed instead of massive or blocky. So this was made to look both elegant and comforting. Hope you like it as much as I do.

All the textures are taken from the Soma Sleeper.

Since I drew outside the lines on this one, I added a couple of tiles to keep the extended headboard from poking through the wall. (That, and my Sims kept walking through it.) After editing the footprint, I was able to stop all the clipping and still leave room for the Sims to walk through the new tiles without bumping into the mesh.

Technical info:

in-game price - 3800

Tools Used:

GIMP, Blender 2.79, SimPE Polygon Counts:
Bedding 1372
frame 1850
canopy 1586

Additional Credits: SimPE - Quaxi and team CEP - Numenor and RGiles
MTS - Tashiketh

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 2
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
dARE-WillowCanopyBed.rar 470.9 KB 432 18th Nov 2017
dARE-WillowCanopyBed[BG-PETs].rar | Description: for anyone playing basegame or without PETS 470.9 KB 206 18th Nov 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).

3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\

-or-

4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
  • Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG

Need more information?
Advertisement: