Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 564 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 7:54 PM Last edited by kiysumi : 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:16 PM.
Default How do I open a resort?
I'm currently playing in a custom word (St. Claire) and I placed a Resort, but I don't know how to open it. I have the register and the tower. I don't want any of my sims to own it, but someone else. I have Master Controller, Story Progression and Register.
Update: I had a random household own the resort using Master Controller and it still appears to be closed.
Help?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:09 AM
In build mode, shift click the desk.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
In build mode, shift click the desk.

Thank you!
But now there's no one coming to work at the front desk even if I hired someone. Do you happen to know how to make that work too?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysumi
Thank you!
But now there's no one coming to work at the front desk even if I hired someone. Do you happen to know how to make that work too?

What time is it? If you check the desk with the shift click, you will see "set hours for front desk" By default, late night shift is closed. You can check it if you like to have the desk operate 24-7. Also, the front desk, as far as I know, will not have an attendee unless someone from your household is on the lot. If you're just observing the lot without actually going there, nobody will show up at the front desk.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:30 PM
Yeah, until you actually own a resort the staff in a resort is just for show and will spawn and despawn as the game sees fit and be only present when they are needed, e.g. when you visit it as a customer and approach the desk to check in.

Recently my Sim visited one of the resorts in Isla Paradiso to check in and the front desk clerk appeared promptly. A few days later my Sim became the owner of Hobart's (the cheap resort) and immediately the very Sim who used to man the expensive one appeared as my new front desk clerk. I recognised her because she wore a silly hair that I must have forgotten to decategorise for random and had some rather unfortunate randomised genetics.
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:12 PM
Those sneaky Role Sims working multiple assignments at the same time and hiding out in between. No wonder the homeless "household" always has an unlimited amount of funds available to it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:15 PM
I prefer to rather think that she immediately quit her old job when she learned that I am in the resort business now.

I have sold the resort in the meantime, btw. And I don't think that I've seen her at Hobart's anymore since then.