Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on Today at 7:25 PM
Replies: 96 (Who?), Viewed: 23691 times.
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 28th May 2017 at 10:16 AM.
@FuruFuruu, here you have my edited skin Download here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
As far as the feather's on your list, I'm not against them, but I was looking at smaller ones because most of the feather featured in cyberzombieprincess' design are small. I actually really really like those feathers for the inaccessible island. I think they would look fantastic on them

The inaccessible island will be a whole different thing, but for Uranesia the small feathers would look cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
The footwear, I'm torn. I like a lot of them (In fact I downloaded some ), but some of them look very similar to me to what's already in the game. I don't know you guys can decided. It's not about me, it's about everyone and like I said I do like them, it's just they are very similar.

I think because they are so similar we should consider other items which don't really have an "equivalent" in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
Got you... but I think that may be a problem because I mentioned mermaids and gods in the other thread . I'm sorry. I couldn't help it. I was too excited and I couldn't control myself lol. I was actually talking to cyberzombieprincess about dive lots and mermaids and she was talking about a mountain lake water god/goddess .

No problem! I just answered you there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
For that matter, are there going to be fairies, werewolves, vampires, genies, and mermaids outside of god-dom? I like fairies, genies, witches, mermaids and ghosts. I'm not particularly crazy about vampires and werewolves, but like I said in the post in the other thread, I could see them working. If there were one or a handful (all of them living outside of the city in the mountains) and there was some lore written that explains them.

I haven't decided yet, but in any case, there will only be a few of each and they will live far from the city, hidden somewhere in the nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
I like:
Asari Face Markings by simplykitsch - 1A, 2A, 3A (You used this one Chihara)
Dragon Age Inquisition Vallaslin by simplykitsch - 2V, 3V, 5V, 6V, 7V
Skyrim Warpaints by simplykitsch - 2W, 10W
Chin Stripe Tattoo/Asari Face Marking 01

I don't really like 1A because I feel it covers too much, but 3A, 6V and 7V are also nice!

About NataliS' accessories, I still think the Back Drop Metal Beads Necklace looks too modern, but now I see the rest look good with your recolours. I like the Ring with Pearl Pendant

About the merman, He looks so good! Too bad it looks like that outside of CAS, hopefully he will look OK with my skin edit or with the one Chihara used.

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st May 2017 at 1:02 AM
@Nilxis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
@FuruFuruu, here you have my edited skin Download here

Thank you!! I'm going to try it out asap!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fururfuruu
...I actually really really like those feathers for the inaccessible island. I think they would look fantastic on them.

The inaccessible island will be a whole different thing, but for Uranesia the small feathers would look cool!

Sorry. I talk about it only because I'm very excited about it. I know it doesn't make sense to go on about it, because I know it's literally years to come, and you yourself have yet to really construct the entire idea. It's just one of those things that when I think about I can't help but get excited. But that's a long way off, makes no sense to talk about it now when you have, what, the whole of Uranesia to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
I think because they are so similar we should consider other items which don't really have an "equivalent" in the game

Gotcha.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
I haven't decided yet, but in any case, there will only be a few of each and they will live far from the city, hidden somewhere in the nature

I got you. You have to think about the specifics. Have to say though, I am happy to hear there will probably be some supernaturals in Uranesia!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
I don't really like 1A because I feel it covers too much, but 3A, 6V and 7V are also nice!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
About NataliS' accessories, I still think the Back Drop Metal Beads Necklace looks too modern, but now I see the rest look good with your recolours. I like the Ring with Pearl Pendant

No probs, Back Drop Necklace gone. Glad though I could successfully sway you with the majority of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
About the merman, He looks so good! Too bad it looks like that outside of CAS, hopefully he will look OK with my skin edit or with the one Chihara used.

I posted those pictures it because if this is a skin issue then we need to modify the skin, or makeup (CC), or something. I'll try your skin, but I do think it's a contrast issue. Kosmokhaos was nice enough to help me quite extensively with this. She's great :D. If you guys have some suggestions though, please I would love to hear them.

Thanks again Nilxis!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 1:16 AM
I made another sim today, which lead me to a question; what about the pets of Uranesia?

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 3:43 AM
@RylandHomes- thank you!! I signed in just to thank you for posting two new pics! This thread was giving me mad inspiration for my new save but I was getting tired of the crickets chirping over here while the main thread was bustling with activity, lol!

I do like the horse you created. I can definitely see a horse like that belonging to the Uranesian royalty and something a little more fantastic for the Uranesian gods like that red banshee from Avatar. As for the locals, mabye a horse that has something more exotic like zebra or leopard type markings to indicate that these type of animals are to the Uranesians what mules, donkeys, and oxen are to us. It would be nice to make bioluminescent wildlife though.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work everyone! I'm going back to fade into obscurity now
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:27 PM
[QUOTE=FuruFuruu]@Nilxis
Sorry. I talk about it only because I'm very excited about it. I know it doesn't make sense to go on about it, because I know it's literally years to come, and you yourself have yet to really construct the entire idea. It's just one of those things that when I think about I can't help but get excited. But that's a long way off, makes no sense to talk about it now when you have, what, the whole of Uranesia to complete.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It will take YEARS? to complete? I thought I read in a post that it was 97% complete? Looseal
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:18 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 21st Jun 2017 at 7:49 AM.
Default So... I Made More Sims
@Nilxis
I just want to update you that I have tested your recolor of Ephemera's skin out in my game. All my sims now wear this skin! It's beautiful and I love the slight purple undertone ! However, it has the same problem on the darker end of the spectrum as the original. This is something that I am learning how to remedy.



@RylandHomes
I like the new sim! You have a knack for making very interesting angular facial structures.

As far as Uranesian pets, that's an awesome question!

I have to parrot TSOgeology101, I LOVE the horse (does it have a name)!!! Wooow! Also I agree with TSOgeology101 that it should be a god horse. I can definitely see a god riding that horse, or hell, being that horse. Maybe like a god of nature/animals that appears in two forms; equine and humanoid? Your horse would be perfect for that!

My thoughts behind this are that horses are prey animals, and the coat on your horse is very colorful and vibrant. I think that it would work for a god horse, or a unicorn or something magic/mystic centered. I know Zebras coats are loud, but that's because on an open plain a herd of Zebra confuses predators. The pattern and color causes predators to have difficulty deciphering where one Zebra begins or ends. Although the zebra pattern would work in a jungle, the color concept would not. The reason being, in a jungle/forested setting, a fairly large animal like horse/Zebra could not live in large herds like on a savanna due to density of the vegetation and the likelihood of predation, so they would herd in smaller numbers and need to be able to camouflage with the setting.

I know you did not ask for all that sorry lmao. I just wanted to explain myself.

I hope you're enjoying your copy of Aditi.



@TSOgeology101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOgeology101
As for the locals, mabye a horse that has something more exotic like zebra or leopard type markings to indicate that these type of animals are to the Uranesians what mules, donkeys, and oxen are to us.

Yes!!! I love this idea! Maybe something like this for common equines?

Please don't forever fade away into obscurity! We really DO need your encouragement and great suggestions in this thread!



@Looseal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseal
It will take YEARS? to complete? I thought I read in a post that it was 97% complete?

That was my guess. He said he's about 97% done with the city in the mountains, but it took him around two years. Now, he has all the rest of Uranesia to complete. Aka terrain painting, sculpting, pirate settlement, ruins, tombs, floating islands, lava rivers, etc. So I'm guessing a couple more years?

I really hope I'm wrong. Lol.
___________________________________________________________________________________________



*PERSONAL UPDATE*

Skin:
Hello everyone! I've been largely MIA because I've been trying to learn how to make skins. As I mentioned before in previous posts, there is a problem with the game rendering darker skins accurately. Unfortunately, as beautiful as Ephemera's skin and Nilxis recolor are, the problem still remains. Kurasoberina and KosmoKhaos have been gracious enough to help educate me on the process, and so that is what has been eating up my time, learning. Unfortunately, that is not something I can show you guys actual progress on for the time being. However, once I get past that initial learning stage and into the doing stage, then I can update you guys on the developments.



CC/Slider Post:
Please don't forget to keep checking this post, as I have updated and continue to update things. So far updates include changes to my personal CC list and a compete download of all the sliders. I also realized I was missing five sliders. So I took down the old download folders and added a new version with the missing files included. Luckily nobody had downloaded anything yet .



Clothing:
What do you guys think about Uranesian priestesses wearing this for religious garb?

Of course the outfit is not enabled for elders, children, and teens so that's something I'll add that if you guys like the design. Also, I used hat sliders for the accessory.
I haven't really thought about priests yet. Maybe make the outfit above compatible for males as well. Or this?

Dunno' not crazy about it. Looks a little too flashy for me.


My Sims:
In the meantime, I did make a few new sims, although I have largely stopped making new sims for the time being. The reason being that when I create a new skin, I'll have to go back and change the all the tattoo colors and and makeup on all the sims. That'll just create even more work for me lol. Regardless, I figured I should just post what I have now anyway since we are all still developing certain aspects of the Uranesian race and style, and I want to continue being a part of that with you guys. I have also edited some of the original sims I made, but I'll post that at a later date.

-Quick notes and inspirations on the sims I've made-
*Nilxis: I took Nilxis suggestion about versatility with CC and chose CC accessories that are unisex. I also took our discussion about homogeneity and created the new sims with this in mind. Lastly, I used his skin recolor as well.
*Chihara000: I was inspired by the beautiful white eyes that Chihara00 created on her Nanuk family, and have added them to my own sims.
*rkm28: I tried to follow rkm28's suggestion to use brighter colors for Uranesian clothing.

The stories need work, but that's nothing new haha. Alright, so… here they are... heh?



Look at this.
It's funny. I went from never saying anything at all to not being able to shut the f*ck up .
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:57 PM
@Looseal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseal
It will take YEARS? to complete? I thought I read in a post that it was 97% complete?

That was my guess. He said he's about 97% done with the city in the mountains, but it took him around two years. Now, he has all the rest of Uranesia to complete. Aka terrain painting, sculpting, pirate settlement, ruins, tombs, floating islands, lava rivers, etc. So I'm guessing a couple more years?

I really hope I'm wrong. Lol.
by FuruFuruu

@ FuruFuru
I just fainted...bummer , I'm about to fall into a deep depression, *sniffff, snob . But thank you for commenting. (linda)
looseal
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseal
I just fainted...bummer , I'm about to fall into a deep depression, *sniffff, snob . But thank you for commenting.

@Looseal
I'm telling you. What we need to do Looseal is find GrijzePilion, ok? I'm down. Because that sob has his own early access version. We may still have to wait a few more years for Nilxis to finish, but at the very least, the breaking and entering would be some entertainment to bide us over until the official release.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:47 PM
Hey everyone, please forgive me for being absent during the last weeks. I was finishing my exams and travelling, but now I'm back at home for the summer

@RylandHomes, I can't see your pictures now, it says you have tu update your photobucket account. I'm having the same problem with some pictures in my blog, damn Photobucket, I'll have to look into that too.
I did see your pics yesterday though, and I really liked the sim and the horse! However I agree with TSOgeology101 and FuruFuruu about the horse's colours/patterns and that it should be suitable for the animal to hide in the jungle.

About pets, right now the city is 0% prepared for pets to live in it. I can easily and quickly adapt the houses to make room for cats and dogs (like all animals in Uranesia, they should have a unique and fantastic look so they don't look like Earthly species). So these would be the only domestic animals in the city, I thought about horses too, but in the end I decided that the most sensible thing would be not to add them as domestic animals in the city. These were the reasons that made me take this decision:

- Horses can't cross bridges that are made with the build mode, so that would cause routing problems. It wouldn't be possible to explore the island riding a horse and departing from the city, because once you exit it, you immediately find two bridges of this kind (the rope bridge and the stone one).
- Horses and their stables take up a lot of space, and the city is already too compact for adding horse facilities.
- Many of the streets in the city are partly stairs, so horses would would be quite useless.
- Uranesians escaped the Continent in ships rushing away from death, it must be difficult to take horses with them under these circumstances.

These difficulties led me to say no to horses in the city, and that's why I created the whole locks thing. However, I do think having wild horses is a good idea (as well as wild cats and dogs), just like I did in my world Ziwa Bonde. As I said, these animals they should look like different species, especially horses. Because the terrain in Uranesia is so steep and forested, I can't imagine Earthly horses which need open spaces to run living there. It should be some kind of jungle horse, more like okapis or deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
Quoting Looseal: It will take YEARS? to complete? I thought I read in a post that it was 97% complete?
That was my guess. He said he's about 97% done with the city in the mountains, but it took him around two years. Now, he has all the rest of Uranesia to complete. Aka terrain painting, sculpting, pirate settlement, ruins, tombs, floating islands, lava rivers, etc. So I'm guessing a couple more years? I really hope I'm wrong. Lol.


@Looseal @FuruFuruu, FuruFuruu is right, it's the city in the mountains thats 97% completed, and I do need to create all these other things as well! However, I'm much faster creating landscapes than designing a city and creating all the lots, furnishing them, etc. I believe I've created most of the lots in the world, so I hope that the remaining wilder parts will be faster to build

@FuruFuruu, I'm looking forward to see what you learn and do with skins!
I've checked your CC list again and I think it's better now, the new items are more suitable for the world than the retired ones. About the religious garb for priestesses, I LOVE how it looks. I think it would look great on males too

About your new sims, GREAT job! Now I really see what I said about them looking like they belong to the same community. I really like the colours, the
faces, the clothes, the names... and the stories! Very imaginative and well written, I like the mystery about Rohit
I think some skins are a bit too light though, Kaligari's for example. I really hope we can do something so the dark skin looks good out of CAS.

Quote:
The skirt being patterned is up for debate. I was initially thinking about going with plain white, but I thought pattern looked nice on the skirt, but I'll boot it if you guys think it's too much.

I like the pattern, without it it would be too white and plain, she would look like some light goddess or something, so I vote for it to stay

Guys, I was thinking that, you don't need to find GrijzePilion and torture him It would be good for those of you who are helping me to create sims to have access to the world in order to plan the families accordingly. So, since I shared it with him, it would be fair of me to share it with you too, privately.
Please, everyone, understand that I'm doing this to help the sims creators to be more familiar with the world, I'll send a link to the people who I consider that need it, don't send me messages asking for the link, the world will be eventually released for everyone, some day

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 11:47 AM
Just wanted to post quickly that I know I've not shared my sims yet, I've not been entirely happy them if I'm honest. They look far better than they did not they have @Nilxis edited skin, but they look far too Egyptian looking for my liking and are far to regal looking (my delusions of grandeur will just quit ;o) ).

I'm off work tomorrow and intend to spend the day simming and working on my Uranesian sims and will I promise share some screen shots tomorrow! xxx.

Loving everyone's sims so far (which is why I'm so disappointed with my efforts!) and @RylandHomes I'm also not able to see you photobucket screenshots of your sims either :o/

And @Nilxis I 100% agree about the pets too. I think smaller pets (cats and dogs) are perfect for Uranesia, but have been wondering myself if horses would be able to manage the city, but love the idea of wild horses though. Cannot wait to see your latest update!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:40 PM
I too like the idea of wild horses and only with a somewhat unusual look. I am working on creating a dog as I have a couple of ideas. I will post for comment/criticism soon and just as soon as I figure out how to upload pics here . Is it okay to use sliders for pets? I quite enjoy the comments from everyone. It's a work in progress and even more exciting with all these wonderful ideas.
@Nilxis Hope your exams went well. Enjoy your summer!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 8:00 PM Last edited by RylandHomes : 4th Jul 2017 at 5:17 AM. Reason: adding pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
@RylandHomes, I can't see your pictures now, it says you have tu update your photobucket account. I'm having the same problem with some pictures in my blog, damn Photobucket, I'll have to look into that too.
I did see your pics yesterday though, and I really liked the sim and the horse! However I agree with TSOgeology101 and FuruFuruu about the horse's colours/patterns and that it should be suitable for the animal to hide in the jungle.


Yea, I'm having some issues with photobucket at the moment, as soon as I can log back into my account, I'll see if I can get it fixed. For now, I'm using ibb.co

Anyways, I figured my original horse was a little over the top, but thought I'd share it to get the conversation going. I've taken what everyone has said, and came up with this mating pair. The breed is more wild looking, but I wanted to keep semi-fantastic coloring to their fur, but I think I still kept their fur wild, and able to blend with the landscape better. Also, after you've made your points, I agree horses should probably remain in the wild, unless you plan on possibly making one or 2 small stables on the outskirts of the city...





Let me know what you think of them! I also am working on a hound dog that would be native to the area who I'll introduce later. I plan on taking the horses and seeing how their foals will look after breading, and taking some in-game shots of them all.

EDIT:
Here is pictures of the horses in game, and their foal.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Field Researcher
#38 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 12:55 AM
I have a couple here that I started on today, They're rough drafts, but I wanted to get feedback. No names yet.



This is my first take on my idea of the Uranesian Hound Dog, what do you guys think? What needs to be different?


Happy Simming! :D

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Field Researcher
#39 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 12:06 AM
I have another family made, to live in one of the farm houses. Noone has a name yet, or a story, but I figure He's the guy that just wants to provide for his family, the wife is one of those angry at everything ladies who hopes her daughters can make it off the farm and marry into royalty, and the girls just want to get out, and start their lives.


Looking for all the feedback and suggestions. :D

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
Yea, I'm having some issues with photobucket at the moment, as soon as I can log back into my account, I'll see if I can get it fixed. For now, I'm using ibb.co

Anyways, I figured my original horse was a little over the top, but thought I'd share it to get the conversation going. I've taken what everyone has said, and came up with this mating pair. The breed is more wild looking, but I wanted to keep semi-fantastic coloring to their fur, but I think I still kept their fur wild, and able to blend with the landscape better. Also, after you've made your points, I agree horses should probably remain in the wild, unless you plan on possibly making one or 2 small stables on the outskirts of the city...





Let me know what you think of them! I also am working on a hound dog that would be native to the area who I'll introduce later. I plan on taking the horses and seeing how their foals will look after breading, and taking some in-game shots of them all.

EDIT:
Here is pictures of the horses in game, and their foal.


@RylandHomes love the horses! My comment is I love the short spikey mane of the male horse (not so keen on the longer flowing mane of female one), but I prefer the more skinny coat of the female horse, but the markings are wonderful! Very similar to the pictures @FuruFuruu's posted. Very much how I pictured a wild Uranesian horse to look like I think.
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
I have a couple here that I started on today, They're rough drafts, but I wanted to get feedback. No names yet.



This is my first take on my idea of the Uranesian Hound Dog, what do you guys think? What needs to be different?


Happy Simming! :D


Love everything about this dog! I personally wouldn't change a thing about it

Also I like these sim people too. Maybe the female sim could be a little darker in my opinion (but only a little bit though), but I like them both. The male sim is fairly similar in facial structure to the one I've been working on.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 3:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkm28
@RylandHomes love the horses! My comment is I love the short spikey mane of the male horse (not so keen on the longer flowing mane of female one), but I prefer the more skinny coat of the female horse, but the markings are wonderful! Very similar to the pictures @FuruFuruu's posted. Very much how I pictured a wild Uranesian horse to look like I think.


Thanks for the feedback! Do you think the males and females should have the same fur coloring and mane? I'll post pics of a horse with the female's coloring and the male's mane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkm28
Love everything about this dog! I personally wouldn't change a thing about it

Also I like these sim people too. Maybe the female sim could be a little darker in my opinion (but only a little bit though), but I like them both. The male sim is fairly similar in facial structure to the one I've been working on.


I actually (lol) lost the male sim. I thought I saved him before closing the game, but I guess not. I can however work on the female some more; I need to complete her wardrobe, and I want to edit her body shape a bit as well before we call her done.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 3:24 PM
Could someone explain to me how to upload a picture here and also have it displayed inside the "show spoiler" banner? I'd like to add my Sims and dog creation. Thanks kindly
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 4:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
Thanks for the feedback! Do you think the males and females should have the same fur coloring and mane? I'll post pics of a horse with the female's coloring and the male's mane.


@RylandHomes I definitely like the idea of differentiating between the male and female horses (like peacocks), but I really like the short spikey mane idea I think it suits the markings better than the long mane you used for the female horse. Maybe someone can think of a better characteristic that would help differentiate between the male and female horses. The only thing I can think of is the male unicorns in TS3 have a beard detail whereas the females don't. Maybe another person on this thread can think of something a little more creative or something better than me, but I definitely like the idea of making them a little different so we know which one is which.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylandHomes
I actually (lol) lost the male sim. I thought I saved him before closing the game, but I guess not. I can however work on the female some more; I need to complete her wardrobe, and I want to edit her body shape a bit as well before we call her done.


Oh noooo! That's typical, but I hear ya! It's happened to me many times I hate the sims body sliders so I have to admit I use a few body sliders with my sims (sorry I can't help it)

But I like the ideas you're having so far, gold star for you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 8th Jul 2017 at 10:54 AM.
Sorry for the late replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseal
Is it okay to use sliders for pets?

I guess it's fine, because if I'm not wrong the modifications made with sliders stay even if the slider is not installed. However, I would only use them if you really feel it's necessary.

@RylandHomes, great job with the horses! Now I think the fur works really well with the landscape, I like the fact that the base has a brown natural colour, but then you have the blue speckles that make it semi-fantastic, I think it wouldn't look bad if the speckles were even bluer and stood out more.
To be honest though, I don't like the pink blush neither on the female horse or on the dog... I think it doesn't really go with the Uranesian nature palette, I would use green instead or even a different shade of blue.
I also agree with @rkm28 about the short mane, but I can't think of any feature right now to make the female different.

If you want some inspiration, I love LittleV's pets, especially the ones that mimic other species. I've seen some colours, patterns and shapes that would look great on Uranesian animals, and we don't have to stick to only one type of horse or dog, we can create differents species Here are some of their creations:


About your Sims, nice job too!
I'm going to comment on each feature of the Sims:

Hair: Great, both the colour and the hairstyles are very fitting.
Eyebrows: They are thick, great, however I see all your Sims' eyebrows are very inclinated, some of the Sims even look a bit angry I prefer flatter eyebrows, but it would be nice if some sims also had the inclinated ones too.
Eyes: They all have the epicanthic fold, great! About the size and colour, I like how @FuruFuruu went for a smaller size, with colours ranging from yellowish green to orange (I like the white eyes too). I thought we had decided that in this thread, but now I can't find it here, so it was in the other one, my bad! I should update the first post.
Face markings/makeup: The first two sims dont have the white/grey veins, they should have them because it's a common trait among all Uranesians. The Sims in your following post are perfect in this sense About the yellow eye makeup, I think it stands out a bit too much, and because most eyes will be yellowish I would use other colours. I would always make the eye stand out more than the eye makeup. I like the makeup under the eye of the first sim though!
Noses: We haven't really talked about noses, other than they should be quite defined. I'm comparing your noses with FuruFuruu's and I think we should decide on a general type of nose. Personally, I like the smaller, curved and pointy noses of FuruFuruu, but a few big noses here and there wouldn't look bad.
Mouths: Nice!
Facial Hair: I like the facial hair of the man in your first post, but I think the moustache of the man in your second post is too thick.
Skintone: The Sims in your second post have the perfect colour!
Clothes: Some of the clothes remind me too much of modern clothes, especially the trousers that look like denim, the belt, the dog's collar, and the newspaper pattern of the female teen's shirt. I also think some of the clothes look a bit too western, the denim (again), the second teen's clothes and the adult females' shoes kind of make me think this. FuruFuruu used some clothes with an Asian flair, I kind of like that more. I really like the clothes of the adult male though! And the colours in general look nice, but in some sims I think the overall looks are too brown, I would use more white, grey and black.

That's all, I apologise for being so picky this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseal
Could someone explain to me how to upload a picture here and also have it displayed inside the "show spoiler" banner? I'd like to add my Sims and dog creation. Thanks kindly

Here's a little tutorial on how to upload images in MTS: http://modthesims.info/t/330419
To get the spoiler banner you have to write this before first word/image inside the spoiler: [ spoiler ] (without any spaces); and this after the last word/image inside the spoiler: [ / spoiler] (again, without any spaces in between)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseal
@Nilxis Hope your exams went well. Enjoy your summer!

I passed everything! I have a summer job now but I still have some time for simming. I hope you all have a nice summer

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 12:25 AM
Hiya! So, i'm Hwyh, and I was wondering something. What would Uranesian and Normal sim hybrids look like? (I think this question fits the population thread but ill remove it if it isn't. Wait, is there a way to delete a post? I would assume so.) By normal sims I mean like the average, like just sims you would see in a normal sims 3 neighborhood, like say, a white person, black person, hispanic person, and a asian person. Because, to be honest, that's probably the kind of sims most people would play as in this world.

(Also I think this is my first post even though I made this account a few years ago but never used it for anything! Woot!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:52 PM
Hi Hwyh, don't worry, your questiion fits in here
I guess they would have a greyish brown skin, and just like the skin the rest of features would be something in between.
I also imagine that many people will play in Uranesia with "earthly" Sims, it happens the same with my pre-colonial black African world Ziwa Bonde: I know many people start games in it with white 21st-century Sims. To me that's not a problem, everyone is free to play as they want.
However I will always encourage everyone to play with the pre-created Sims (or create similar ones) for a more realistic and unique experience, in line with the world's theme. Especially with Uranesia because it's not a world for regular gameplay.

When I started the world I wrote about the idea of creating this challenge:
Quote:
- Your sim is a scientist who has been researching on parallel universes and has managed to create a ship/machine in order to reach them. On the first try, the machine/ship has worked and your sim has reached this island, however, because of an accident the system has been damaged. To repair it, your sim will have to explore the island and visit all its corners, meet the locals and explore some tombs in order to get the needed pieces to get back home.

But now I've changed my mind about many things I said first, and I think I prefer not to mix realities There will still be a similar challenge, I just have to think about the details, but it will involve only Sims who belong to the planet where Uranesia is located

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#48 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 9:42 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 9th Jul 2017 at 9:10 PM.
Damn this thread is on fire!

@Nilxis
First and foremost let me apologize for spelling "dam" wrong in my PM . Look, it's your fault, ok? I was rendered stupid, and that's all on you Nilxis. I'm taking no responsibility for that.
Oh, and congrats for passing everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
I'm looking forward to see what you learn and do with skins!

Yes, let's see. Let's see how badly I can f**k this up, shall we? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
About your new sims, GREAT job! Now I really see what I said about them looking like they belong to the same community. I really like the colours, the
faces, the clothes, the names... and the stories! Very imaginative and well written, I like the mystery about Rohit

^^ This was very important to me. I was honestly beginning to second guess myself after all the silence. I know I am constantly responding to everyone in this thread, but I feel I have to. I want to support people and make sure they feel their work is valid. I know put a lot of work into my sims, and though they're not perfect, I really try to put my best foot forward. Your continued support and encouragement makes me feel like I'm part of a team and wherever I fall short, you're a buttress against those shortcomings. Thank you Nilxis. I want tell you again how much I appreciate your encouragement and direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
I think some skins are a bit too light though, Kaligari's for example. I really hope we can do something so the dark skin looks good out of CAS.

I know I made some of the sims "lighter." They are actually in the medium range. As you know, there is such a limited range on the slider that I can work with. I can only make sims from Kaligara's complexion (mid slider range/ medium complected) to Sarojah/Dristi's (Deep/4 shades away from far right slider range) and even Sarojah is pushing it with this skin. Otherwise if I go beyond this range sims are too light ethnically (in my opinion) or too saturated/washed out on the darker range. These mid slider sims actually look darker outside of CAS.

Hopefully, I can remedy this all with a new custom skin so I can really go deep into the deep range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
Guys, I was thinking that, you don't need to find GrijzePilion and torture him It would be good for those of you who are helping me to create sims to have access to the world in order to plan the families accordingly.

What?! But I was really looking forward to torturing GrijzePilion? Baseball bats were mentioned and everything. It was going to be some next level 50 Shades of Grey sh*t. NOBODY can take that away from me, not even you Nilxis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
"- Your sim is a scientist who has been researching on parallel universes and has managed to create a ship/machine in order to reach them. On the first try, the machine/ship has worked and your sim has reached this island, however, because of an accident the system has been damaged. To repair it, your sim will have to explore the island and visit all its corners, meet the locals and explore some tombs in order to get the needed pieces to get back home."

But now I've changed my mind about many things I said first, and I think I prefer not to mix realities There will still be a similar challenge, I just have to think about the details, but it will involve only Sims who belong to the planet where Uranesia is located

Whaaaaat??!? I have to see where this goes! You'll let us know eventually right?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Uranesian Fauna
Ok so now I'm going to totally jump in on this animal thing you guys got started.
We'll probably need sliders, because I seriously tried to make a mane-free Quasimodo deer and that sh*t just wasn't happening with the EA sliders. I know nothing about animal sliders you guys, animal makers out there let me know!
I really really really like LittleV's animal concepts . They are... wow? Is she still active in the Sims 3 community?
You know who else is really good at animal concepts, especially fantasy? cyberzombieprincess. I'm going to talk to her see if she would be willing to help us out.
I made some horses a well. This is my first time, like ever, making horses. I've never even played horses in the game. Altogether, I have to say it was a pretty... humbling experience lmao.


Tiil reminds me of the planet Jupiter lol. I like Noutnout better. Hell, I tried lol. I made a third one which I thought was the best of the three, but my game crashed before I could save so .

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep up the good work everyone!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 5:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
Hopefully, I can remedy this all with a new custom skin so I can really go deep into the deep range.

Great! I see in the pictures that even if they are lighter it still looks good, Kaligara is still a bit too light but the other two look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
What?! But I was really looking forward to torturing GrijzePilion? Baseball bats were mentioned and everything. It was going to be some next level 50 Shades of Grey sh*t. NOBODY can take that away from me, not even you Nilxis.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
Whaaaaat??!? I have to see where this goes! You'll let us know eventually right?

Sure! I will create a guide for this challenge where everything will be explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
I really really really like LittleV's animal concepts . They are... wow? Is she still active in the Sims 3 community?

I know right? She gave me permission for using her African animals in Ziwa Bonde and that was a real bonus for the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
You know who else is really good at animal concepts, especially fantasy? cyberzombieprincess. I'm going to talk to her see if she would be willing to help us out.

Nice! That would be cool

Beautiful horses by the way!
I really like the fur pattern, maybe a bit of contrast between the colours would look nice, but it's a good start!
One question, how did they get in the water? Is that a glitch or they actually can wade into it?

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Field Researcher
#50 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 7:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
@RylandHomes, great job with the horses! Now I think the fur works really well with the landscape, I like the fact that the base has a brown natural colour, but then you have the blue speckles that make it semi-fantastic, I think it wouldn't look bad if the speckles were even bluer and stood out more.


On it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
To be honest though, I don't like the pink blush neither on the female horse or on the dog... I think it doesn't really go with the Uranesian nature palette, I would use green instead or even a different shade of blue.
I also agree with @rkm28 about the short mane, but I can't think of any feature right now to make the female different.


Got it, I was iffy about the pink being too much color. I'll come back with a few different fur patterns for the dog. What did you think about his body and shape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
If you want some inspiration, I love LittleV's pets, especially the ones that mimic other species. I've seen some colours, patterns and shapes that would look great on Uranesian animals, and we don't have to stick to only one type of horse or dog, we can create differents species Here are some of their creations:


Wow LittleV's animals are amazing! Definitely an inspirational goldmine, I can't believe I've never seen these!

So, how many different species are you thinking about including? There could be a wide array of different animals under the three pet types. Would make sight seeing around Uranesia all the more interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
About your Sims, nice job too!
I'm going to comment on each feature of the Sims:

Hair: Great, both the colour and the hairstyles are very fitting.
Eyebrows: They are thick, great, however I see all your Sims' eyebrows are very inclinated, some of the Sims even look a bit angry I prefer flatter eyebrows, but it would be nice if some sims also had the inclinated ones too.
Eyes: They all have the epicanthic fold, great! About the size and colour, I like how @FuruFuruu went for a smaller size, with colours ranging from yellowish green to orange (I like the white eyes too). I thought we had decided that in this thread, but now I can't find it here, so it was in the other one, my bad! I should update the first post.
Face markings/makeup: The first two sims dont have the white/grey veins, they should have them because it's a common trait among all Uranesians. The Sims in your following post are perfect in this sense About the yellow eye makeup, I think it stands out a bit too much, and because most eyes will be yellowish I would use other colours. I would always make the eye stand out more than the eye makeup. I like the makeup under the eye of the first sim though!
Noses: We haven't really talked about noses, other than they should be quite defined. I'm comparing your noses with FuruFuruu's and I think we should decide on a general type of nose. Personally, I like the smaller, curved and pointy noses of FuruFuruu, but a few big noses here and there wouldn't look bad.
Mouths: Nice!
Facial Hair: I like the facial hair of the man in your first post, but I think the moustache of the man in your second post is too thick.
Skintone: The Sims in your second post have the perfect colour!
Clothes: Some of the clothes remind me too much of modern clothes, especially the trousers that look like denim, the belt, the dog's collar, and the newspaper pattern of the female teen's shirt. I also think some of the clothes look a bit too western, the denim (again), the second teen's clothes and the adult females' shoes kind of make me think this. FuruFuruu used some clothes with an Asian flair, I kind of like that more. I really like the clothes of the adult male though! And the colours in general look nice, but in some sims I think the overall looks are too brown, I would use more white, grey and black.

That's all, I apologise for being so picky this time
...


Don't apologize for being picky! You know what you want, and that's good!

So I've made some edits, don't mind the clothes so much, still working on that... But I flattened the eye brows for you, made the eyes smaller, and defined the noses and gave them all a more curved and pointy shape. I hope I made good adjustments to the makeup and eyes as well. I also altered the face shapes a bit to fit with the edited features. If there's anything that needs to be different let me know! I'm going to keep working on them all, completing wardrobes, writing stories, naming them, and taking in game photos.





Hopefully this family looks better now, and like they all kind of match like they should be together. Let me know what you think of the edits. I'll return with more pictures of this family in game, and with pics of more animals. I'll do my best with them, but I'm no LittleV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
Uranesian Fauna
Ok so now I'm going to totally jump in on this animal thing you guys got started.
We'll probably need sliders, because I seriously tried to make a mane-free Quasimodo deer and that sh*t just wasn't happening with the EA sliders. I know nothing about animal sliders you guys, animal makers out there let me know!

Definitely need sliders. I actually just downloaded a bunch of animal sliders just for this. I found a few here at MTS, but I got most all of them off of this list I found when doing a google search for horse sliders. I havent started my hunt for dog or cat sliders, but once I find some I'll post the links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
I made some horses a well. This is my first time, like ever, making horses. I've never even played horses in the game. Altogether, I have to say it was a pretty... humbling experience lmao.


Your horses are amazing! As humbling as is it to work in CAP you did fantastic! I love their dark fur and face markings. Their face shape is great too, once you play around with some of the sliders, you'll have some pretty perfect beasts there

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Page 2 of 4
Back to top