Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 28 (Who?), Viewed: 2827 times.
Page 2 of 2
dodgy builder
#26 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:22 PM
I have a pre 2012 ts3 base game copy and cherish it. I have only patch 1.67. I have also already downloaded all the store sets I like to keep, decrapified, organized them and put them in a dedicated folder. The next job will be to move them to an external drive.

Superpatcher has been downloaded and already tested on this selfmade rig.

I hope I'm well prepared. I recommend others do the same.

You can argue about EA being sued all you like, but are you really going to take your chance on that. Remember what a horrible reputation EA has.

... another point being; how long can we really expect a company to keep our purchases? I mean in accounting there is rules to keep papers for 7 years or something, at least where I live. Does it really say in the EULA how long they are required to keep downloadable content if it cannot be used otherwise?

They could of couse offer it in another way when they decide end it. They did with ts2 I believe.
Mad Poster
#27 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:55 PM
That would be the honorable thing to do, and I wouldn't be surprised if they released some sort of Complete Collection for, say, $30, but the whole digital platform thing still doesn't sit right with me. Who's to say EA won't go bust in 5 years and take Origin offline, taking all the games that I paid for with it?
I've never had that problem with oldschool games that came on CDs. My disks for TS1/2/3 will be valid for as long as I have a computer that can run them (RIP 90s Need for Speed games I used to play).

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Field Researcher
#28 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
That would be the honorable thing to do, and I wouldn't be surprised if they released some sort of Complete Collection for, say, $30, but the whole digital platform thing still doesn't sit right with me. Who's to say EA won't go bust in 5 years and take Origin offline, taking all the games that I paid for with it?
I've never had that problem with oldschool games that came on CDs. My disks for TS1/2/3 will be valid for as long as I have a computer that can run them (RIP 90s Need for Speed games I used to play).

I was just wondering myself whether Origin would in future host some form of Sims 3 Ultimate Edition (including access to an online archive or store content), as has been done with TS2 . Owners of the original TS2 CD game only need to register their copy protection code to redeem the collection - you'll need to contact Origin directly to do so (which is a task and a half in itself). TS3, on the other hand, is a massive collection - Origin might not consider such a project worthwhile.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:05 PM Last edited by keyqueen : 27th Jun 2018 at 4:37 PM.
I don't believe that this is recent news. As until recently I didn't have a pc with a powerful enough graphics card to run sims 3 I had been playing the Xbox version. It was a couple of years ago that I stopped being able to connect to the exchange and learned that the service had been ended. Yet the online features for the pc edition are still running years later, at least for now.
I have noticed for sometime though a trend with ea when comes to the sims and online features. So I feel that a shut down of the sims 3 store and exchange is inevitable. I strongly think that it would be a good idea for everyone to start backing up their store content now. It should be simple to copy the sims3 packs over to a flash drive for safe keeping. You can get rather large ones for realitivly cheap. I don't think that if there is a sims 3 UC store content would be included, I could be wrong though. Even still though remember, Sims 2 UC is still not available for purchase.
Even if ea discontinues the online support and removes the sims 3 games from Origen, anyone who already purchased the games should still be able to download them. At least that's what happened to sims 2. I had bought several of the individual expansions from Origen before UC came out and they are all still in my library. I can't install them anymore though since my original base game came from another digital retailer that has since been bought out a couple of times.
Page 2 of 2